Friday 4 October 2013

Brief Overview.

Inspiration For Building This Diorama.

 
 
A few years ago I visited the International Toy Fair in Nurenberg Germany.  I was on a business trip with my employers and whilst having some free time a colleague and I went to visit the plastic model hall.  The Toy Fair is now opened to the public on the last day I think, before you have to have an invite from the trade. It is well worth going to have a trip to Nurenberg on its own and visiting Fair at the same time.  Bit of advice if you are its advisiable to book early with your hotel room (or it was 3/4 years ago).  The Toy Fair Exhibition centre makes the NEC Birmingham look like a village hall.
 
Information on the 2014 Toy Fair
 
 
Exhibition centre to give you an idea of the size from entrance gates to the last hall will take you a good 20/25 minute walk down the main corrider (this does not go through the halls)
 
 
 
Whilst in the model kit hall we noticed this HUGE diorama of a model of "Das Boot" at a harbour, stocking up on food supplies and provisions.  I was not sure the scale of this model but was bigger than the  1/35 scale model that I am doing.  The entire diorama base must have been about 8` long, with my German not at the best I got some information from the staff on the stand that model was for a model of the "Das Boot", this was larger than the eventual model was going to be. 
 
The model was entirelly scratch built and was to a scale 1/20, The 1/35 Bronco kit is almost 1 metre long.
 
So the following pages are intended to give others some inspiration and make a diorama, after seeing the above diorama years ago I have now decided to have a bash, I promise it will not be to the high standard as the Das Boot one that I saw in Germany a good few years ago.
 
I will post up some photographs as I go along and give you names and address of the suppliers that I have bought loads of stuff from.  Hopefully you will not find it to boring and come back and read some more of my blog.  This is the 1st time that I have ever done a blog so go easy on me lol!
 
Please feel free to send me some comments and if you have got any questions, I will do my upmost to answer them for you.
 
I will apologies in advance for any poor grammer or silly spelling mistake, this blog is intended to be read as a modelling blog and not an English literature blog.
 
Alan
 
4th October 2013
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment