Sunday 6 October 2013

In the Begininig

In The Beginning.

This diorama is of no where in particular, its not based on anywhere apart from inside my empty head. Its loosely based somewhere in the south of France, so apologies if you spot something that is wrong. The diorama was intended for my pleasure and to give me something to do, the last time that I did any serious modelling was over 25 years ago. So I thought lets give it a wee go again. I had
given away or sold most of my modelling tools and equipment through the years of not modelling so I have had to start virtually from scratch again with new tools and equipment.

I have had a lot of help from various suppliers and I will endeavour to give them appropriate mentions throughout this blog. I will also list where I bought products from. These products have been purchased by me and none have been given as to promote said businesses. This allows me to speak freely without any bias towards any company our individual.

For those that would like to know I am using a Nikon D40X

The Baseboard:

All made out of MDF, base is 18mm thick, with this being quite a large diorama I thought that this would stop any bending. The sides and back scene are all MDF as well, these are 8mm sheets. The complete base measures 47 1/4" (120mm) x 26 1/2" (67mm) x 24" (61mm). For convenience, I got MDF and some 2 x 1 for frames from my local B&Q store.

With base, sides and back all cut and ready to go, I started with the diorama and attached one side and the back to base, I had decided to leave one end open for the moment as this would allow more scope for some photographs.

Alan

6th October 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment